Cookies ussage consent
Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our site without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.I agree, do not show this message again.
A. LAHYANI1,* , Y. BOUGHALEB1,2,2, M. QJANI1, K. SBIAAI1, KHALIL BENKHOUJA3, BOUCHTA SAHRAOUI4
- Laboratoire de physique de la matière condensé, Faculté des sciences, Université Chouaib Doukkali, El Jadida, Morocco
- Ecole Normale Supérieure, Université Hassan II, Casablanca, Morocco
- Chemistry Department, Faculty of Sciences, UCD University, El Jadida, Morocco
- MINOS, University of Angers, Institute of sciences and molecular technologies of Angers. MOLTECH Anjou - UMR CNRS 6200, 2 Bd Lavoisier 49045 ANGERS cedex 2, France
In the present work, we study the phase transition in the composite materials by using the Langevin equation within the framework of the fiber bundle model, subject to the global load-sharing rule in which the load failing elements is shared equally among all surviving elements. We show that fracture in the case of global load sharing can be seen as a secondorder phase transition and then we define the order parameter related to this phase transition. Finally we present some properties related to failure phenomenon obtained in the critical point like the failure time and the susceptibility.
Phase transitions, Fiber bundle model, Heterogeneous materials, Langevin dynamics.
Submitted at: Sept. 28, 2013
Accepted at: Nov. 7, 2013
A. LAHYANI, Y. BOUGHALEB, M. QJANI, K. SBIAAI, KHALIL BENKHOUJA, BOUCHTA SAHRAOUI, Phase transition in fiber bundle model, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol. 15, Iss. 11-12, pp. 1291-1294 (2013)
- Download Fulltext
- Downloads: 146 (from 87 distinct Internet Addresses ).